Friday, September 30, 2011

Banks hope you're stupid.

Dear General Public, I realize that being charged $5/mnth for the use of a debit card might seem unfair. I mean, after all, it's access to your money.  How about this instead.  Tally up how much fuel it would cost you to drive to your bank and withdraw exactly what you need for your purchases.  Or hope the retailer you are planning to visit will still accept checks.  You should probably be thankful you are not a Citi Bank customer as they're getting hit with a $15/mnth account fee.

Or, stop being stupid.  They're going to do what it takes to stay in business.  If you don't like it, try changing banks.  They are really hoping that you switch to credit cards.  I'm guessing you'll do something that dumb, but I hope not.

You pick.  Either way, just please shut up.

About Me

I work, I play, I live...